Rather than wax poetic about how mouthwatering the new Culinary Retreats are from Ramekins in Sonoma, let’s just let the itinerary do that talking, shall we? Here’s one way your week could line up when you participate in the recently unveiled opportunities for insider access to the heart of California’s culinary Mecca (that’s Sonoma/Napa, of course).
Ramekins Culinary School, Events & Inn, near the Sonoma Plaza, has put together packages exploring the area’s farms and gardens, cooking classes, entry to some of the most coveted cult wineries including Opus One and Domaine Chandon, and what is sure to be a highlight, an exclusive private dining experience at Thomas Keller’s French Laundry. All packages include optional accommodations at Ramekins’ European style Inn.
• Kitchen Fundamentals and Knife Skills for the Gourmet with Local Artisan
• Walking Tour of Sonoma
• Casual Demonstration Dinner using all of the ingredients that were prepped in the morning class
• Tour and Lunch at Point Reyes Farmstead and Cheese Company
• Tasting, Wine Education and Library Dinner at Hanzell Vineyards with Owner and Winemaker
• “Farm to Table” tour and shopping at Oak Hill Farms
• Prepare chef-guided lunch from the farm at Ramekins
• Tour and Tasting at Opus One
• Private Dinner at French Laundry
• Artisan Bread making and Wood-Fired Pizza with Mary Karlin (lunch included)
• Winemaker’s Dinner with Andrew Mariani of Scribe artisanal winery
• Essentials of Eating Healthy and Kitchen Fundamentals with Artisan Chef
• Lunch in Ramekins Courtyard
• Walking Tour of Sonoma with visits to The Patch and Crushpad
• Yoga with Sonoma Yoga Guru Kate Coletti
• Casual Demonstration Dinner with Bay Area Chef and Cookbook Author Tasta DeSerio
• Yoga with Kate Coletti
• 5th Street Farm Tour and Lunch
• Presentation on Managing Stress through Meditation with Shivani from the Sonoma Ashram
• Seasonal Farm-to-Table Dinner at El Dorado Kitchen Walking Tour of Sonoma with visits to The Patch and Crushpad
Fair warning: retreats are limited to small groups, and are exclusive enough that only one of each style is offered this inaugural year.
• Sonoma Artisan Retreat: June 10 – June 14
• Sonoma French Retreat: August 19 – August 23
• Living Well Retreat: September 16 – September 19
• Epicurean Retreat: October 14 – October 18
• Wine Country Harvest Retreat: October 28 – November 1
CULINARY RETREAT COSTS:
• Onsite, double-occupancy - $4,100 per person
• Onsite, single-occupancy - $4,500 per person
• Offsite, responsible for own lodging - $3,900 per person
LIVING WELL RETREAT COSTS:
• Onsight, double-occupancy - $2,400 per person
• Onsight, single-occupancy - $2,700 per person
• Offsite, responsible for own lodging - $2,200 per person
To book your Mecca immersion, visit ramekins.com.
Tip: Cap off your week of luxury with a private limo or Town Car ride to and from Ramkins, with Pure Luxury Transportation.