Last year, Auction Napa Valley sold out every last ticket, and raked in a record-breaking $18.7 million over the weekend. This year, organizers are expecting another record-shattering event, raising money for a variety of nonprofit organizations throughout Napa County.
Over the past 35 years, the annual gathering has become a virtual Oscars of the wine world, as the Valley’s top winemakers and winery owners vie for who can be the most generous with their auction lots, and attendees compete to see who can spend the most money for a good cause.
Running June 3 through 7, 2015, the long weekend is packed with activities. The June 6 Auction itself is already sold out, with a waiting list (register at email@example.com) for packages, including top events like the kickoff Young Winemakers Dinner June 3, put together by chef by Christopher Kostow and his Meadowood team; Thursday and Friday vintner’s dinners, Friday's Napa Valley Barrel Auction at HALL St. Helena; and exclusive winery open houses on June 7.
But if you can’t make it to the giant tent at Meadowood Resort & Spa, you can still bid online, for early 200 lots featuring rare and one-of-a-kind bottles and collections of Napa Valley wine, private events and weekend stays. (To register, click here) Just one temptation includes Spin, Sip & Savor with Clif Family, offering:
- -- A 4-night stay for 4 people at the Clif Family Cold Springs Estate Vineyard guest house on Howell Mountain
- --Private dinner for 4 people with Clif Family's executive chef John McConnell and hosted by Winemaker Laura Barrett at the Cold Springs Estate Vineyard
- --VIP access for 4 people to stage 3 (Copper Mountain to Aspen) of the 2015 U.S. Pro Challenge in Colorado. Includes a VIP dinner hosted by Chef Mattew Accarrino at Element 47 and accommodations at the Little Nell Hotel in Aspen, Colorado
- --2 bottles of Clif 2012 Kit's Killer Cab, Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon; 2 bottles of Clif 2012 Gary's Improv Zinfandel, Howell Mountain
- --2 bottles of Clif 2012 Cold Springs Vineyard Cab, Howell Mountain; 2 bottles of Clif 2012 Croquet Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Howell Mountain
- --A pantry collection of Clif Family Kitchen specialty foods
What’s all the fuss about? First, the glamor. Guests come from all around the world to mingle with A-list names, dressed to the nines and ready to raise the roof bidding on often jaw-dropping packages. Last year, the Raymond Vineyards lot—a VIP night out at the Oscars with Jean-Charles Boisset and his producer pal Harvey Weinstein—brought in a double bid of $420,000 each for a total of $840,000, while a single bottle of Promontory Cabernet Sauvignon captured $600,000.
Second, the money makes a difference. To date, the Napa Valley Vintners association has given more than $145 million in Auction Napa Valley proceeds to area nonprofits.
Tip: Attend in high style with door-to-door private limo or Town Car service from Pure Luxury Transportation.