A recent study by McKinsey & Company, supported by leading scientists and corporations, says it is possible to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions enough to contain global warming to 2 degrees Celsius, but only if all major sectors and regions take ambitious action within the next few years.
Pure Luxury Transportation’s Environmental Commitment
Pure Luxury Transportation is a leader in environmental responsibility. As members of Green Ride Global™, Pure Luxury has committed to GHG emissions reductions from all areas of the company’s business operations of 20 percent over the next 5 years. If every North American chauffeured ground transportation company committed to producing results similar to Pure Luxury’s, collectively the industry would be making a significant contribution toward the reversal of global warming by annually saving over 490,000 metric tons of greenhouse gases -- the equivalent of removing 100,000 vehicles from the road, avoiding 1-million barrels of crude oil, and growing and protecting over 400,000 acres of carbon-absorbing forest.
Pure Luxury’s environmental program consists of the following:
- A comprehensive environmental policy that touches the entire company and addresses the prevention and reduction of potential environmental impacts from all areas of business operations
- The implementation of an ISO 14001-compliant Environmental Management System
- Baseline year GHG inventory
- Ongoing quarterly measurement and monitoring of GHG emissions and validation by Green Ride Global to ensure that Pure Luxury is on track to reach the 5-year target of 20 percent reductions
- Enforcement of environmentally responsible driving practices across the entire fleet
- Transition to the latest low-carbon vehicles and fuels
- Testing of non-fossil fuels as they become available
- Reduction of energy and electricity consumption in each office and garage facility
- Monitoring of employee commute and business travel and implementation of efficient travel practices
- Reduction of waste through a reuse and recycling program
- Greening of the supply chain
- Partnering with global affiliates whose environmental policies have the same intent and effect in their own geographic areas
- Tracking the carbon footprint of every trip and providing to each client regular GHG emissions reports that can be used in that client’s own transportation supply chain Carbon Accounting™
Protocols and Standards
Green Ride Global ensures that Pure Luxury’s Carbon Accounting™ procedures follow the emissions factors used by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). Pure Luxury’s environmental measurements follow the ISO 14064 GHG Measurement Standards, and the principles and protocols of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) and the World Resources Institute (WRI).
Pure Luxury is also a partner of the US EPA Climate Leaders Program. The Climate Leaders program is a US EPA industry-government partnership that provides recognition to companies developing long-term climate change strategies. Program participants set aggressive long-term greenhouse gas reduction goals and are required to annually report their progress in reaching these goals.
How Do You Know a Supplier is Truly ‘Green’?
Quite simply, the only way to truly know whether a ground transportation supplier’s claims of being “green” are valid is to ask what the company’s carbon footprint is. If that supplier is not continuously measuring and monitoring the GHG emissions and disclosing results through regular, third-party environmental reports to stakeholders and clients, that company’s claims of “greenness” are questionable at best.
Pure Luxury Transportation, through the company’s independent third-party relationship with Green Ride Global, is held environmentally accountable. Pure Luxury issues regular stakeholder and client environmental reports documenting the carbon footprint from all areas of business operations.
How Does Pure Luxury’s Fleet Stack-Up Environmentally?
The following table represents all the types of vehicles suitable for the demands of a typical chauffered sedan fleet. It includes the newest hybrid, clean diesel, and biofuel vehicles. (Not included are the vans, mini buses, shuttles and coaches). Of particular note is the carbon footprint of each vehicle. Even traditional fossil fuel powered vehicles would have a lower carbon footprint in Pure Luxury’s fleet than the industry norm. This is being achieved through the Green Ride Global program.
The carbon footprint of Pure Luxury’s fleet is tracked and audited by Green Ride Global. Green Ride Global issues quarterly environmental sustainability reports to Pure Luxury’s management team and stakeholders tracking the overall emissions against the annual emissions reduction targets. Pure Luxury’s participation in the US EPA Climate Leaders Program also requires compliance with annual emissions reduction targets and reporting.
To read more about Pure Luxury Transportation's Green accomplishments from Green Ride Global, click here.