Visiting Sonoma County wineries is an unforgettable experience no matter which region you choose to explore. And although part of the adventure is being able to enjoy each winery’s tasting room, it’s also enjoyable to attend an event that brings multiple wineries together all in one place at the same time.
The West of the West Wine Festival from August 2 – 4, 2013 brings over 40 wine producers and growers together for guests to sample outstanding West Sonoma Coast wines, plus more. Friday begins with a choice of five Welcome Dinner options including an Al Fresco dinner in a Failla Wines vineyard prepared by Chef Gary Penir, and, an intimate dinner at the home of Freeman Winery proprietors prepared by Chef Christopher Greenwald.
Saturday continues with two interesting Seminars:
- Diamonds in the Sky: Learn about West Sonoma Coast’s new AVA, Fort Ross Seaview
- Syrah with a Unique Perspective: Engage in an interactive blind tasting of West Sonoma Coast Syrah with a panel of experts
The Grand Tasting on Saturday afternoon is where guests will find impeccable, award-winning West Sonoma Coast wines. The list of participating wineries includes familiar names and some not as well known but just as incredible.
- Flowers Vineyard & Winery: Recently eight of their Pinot Noir and Chardonnay wines received between 92 and 94 points from the Wine Advocate
- Gros Ventre Cellars: Critically acclaimed Pinot Noir. The San Francisco Chronicle named Gros Ventre Cellars’ winemaker one of five winemakers to watch in 2013
- Hirsch Vineyard & Winery: Praised recently in an article in The Wall Street Journal
- Peay Vineyards: Their Syrah, Pinot Noir, and Chardonnay consistently earn high scores from national and international critics
Saturday evening ends with a Grand Dinner prepared by James Beard finalist, Chef Steven Satterfield.
A choice of three Seminars is offered on Sunday, followed by another opportunity to enjoy the Grand Tasting on Sunday afternoon. The West of West Festival is the perfect event for guests to sample award-winning West Sonoma Coast wines and learn more about this area of the Sonoma Coast AVA.
Make sure to contact Pure Luxury for your private, chauffeured vehicle for any day of this exciting event.
Want to make sure you don’t miss any of the spectacular events happening in Northern California Wine Country? “Like” us on Facebook or subscribe to our blog.