Located north of the city of Healdsburg in northern Sonoma County, you will find Alexander Valley. Mostly known for Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, Alexander Valley’s other varietals such as Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Zinfandel, and Syrah have also received critical acclaim and praise from all people who love great wine.
This year the Alexander Valley Winegrowers Association presents the 16th annual Taste of Alexander Valley – an incredible event that welcomes guests to visit Alexander Valley and sample stellar wines firsthand.
Things you need to know:
- Taste of Alexander Valley takes place May 18th and 19th, 2013 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Over 30 wineries will be offering tastes of their world class wines paired with gourmet bites.
- Most wineries will be hosting live entertainment.
- Participating wineries will be extending special discounts to ticket holders.
- Purchase your tickets now. This is a popular event and the weather forecast looks inviting.
- Start planning your itinerary for the day or for both days. With so many wineries to choose from, it helps to have a plan.
- Make sure to bring bottled water. Staying hydrated will be important during these warm days.
Some Participating Wineries:
- Alexander Valley Vineyards
Alexander Valley Vineyards will transform their winery into a Mardi Gras! Along with other wines being poured during the weekend, their Estate Chardonnay will be paired with chicken gumbo followed by a pairing of their signature Sin Zin with chocolate cherry bread pudding.
- Francis Ford Coppola Winery
Visitors will enjoy Francis Ford Coppola Cabernet Sauvignon paired with bites from the winery’s restaurant, Rustic.
- Rodney Strong Vineyards
Taste the best of Rodney Strong Cabernet Sauvignon during this special event – 2010 vineyard designated Alexander’s Crown, Rockaway, and Brothers Ridge. Rodney Strong Winery has partnered with owner of Peloton Catering, Chef Tim Vallery, for an outstanding pairing of 2010 Rockaway with truffle polenta and braised beef cheeks.
- Stonestreet Winery
The patio will be open and the roses will be blooming at Stonestreet Winery. Taste estate mountain grown single vineyard Chardonnay and Cabernet paired with pork sliders.
- Trione Vineyards & Winery
Celebrate with a cowboy theme at Trione Vineyards & Winery. Live music from Steve Pile Band will fill the air while guests discover the flavors of Trione 2008 Bourdeaux Blend paired with barbecue beef brisket sliders. Trione will also be serving plancha style beef skewers with their 2010 Primitivo.
Contact Pure Luxury Transportation to reserve your private chauffeured car and enjoy your day in Alexander Valley stressfree! We can also assist with planning your itinerary.