Second Glass has discovered a way to make learning about wine approachable, fun, and unforgettable. They call it, Wine Riot 2013. Presented in cities across the nation including Boston, Chicago, New York City, Washington DC, and Los Angeles; Wine Riot comes to San Francisco next weekend.
Choose from three different times at the San Francisco Concourse Exhibition Center:
- Friday, Opening Night, June 7th, 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday afternoon, Riot 1, June 8th, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday evening, Riot 2, June 8th, 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Each session features:
- 250 wines from around the world
- Opportunities to get a temporary tattoo
- Photo Booth
- 20 minute educational Crash Courses on wine
- A new addition to this year’s event, the “Bubbly Bar”
- Plenty of delicious food available for purchase
- A free app to download to your phone with all wines preloaded to make it easy to keep track of your favorites
Important Tips to Remember
Like with any wine tasting event, approach it knowing you will not be able to taste all of the wine offered. Create a plan that focuses on a varietal of wine or a wine region that you would like to explore. Keep your body hydrated by drinking a lot of water. Pace and educate yourself by attending the Crash Courses. Taste then pour out – this will help keep your palate from getting tired and your memory from getting blurry.
Local wineries to look for:
- Hess Collection
- Conn Creek Winery
- The Divining Rod
- Uproot Wines
- Rutherford Ranch Winery
- Winery Sixteen 600
Please do not hesitate to contact Pure Luxury for a professional chauffeured car to make sure you travel safely and enjoy this event stress-free.