Thanksgiving is a time for family, food, and wine! Instead of choosing one type of wine for everyone, why not make this Thanksgiving extra special by indulging your guests’ senses with specially picked Thanksgiving wine pairings for each dish! Bon Appétit!
Turkey & Pinot Noir go especially well together because of their intense fruit flavors and balanced acidity. Choose your favorite Pinot or pick from our recommended list below!
Our Pinot Noir – Vineyard Recommendations:
1. Domaine Carneros
2. Dutton-Goldfield Winery
3. Landmark Vineyards
Cornbread Stuffing & Chenin Blanc pair nicely because stuffing often sneaks hints of cumin, cayenne and curry. A dry or off-dry Chenin Blanc will tame the senses and blend well with the pecans and cranberries! Choose your favorite Chenin Blanc or pick from our recommended list below!
Our Chenin Blanc Recommendations:
1. Casa Nuestra 2005 Old Vines Home Vineyard Dry Chenin Blanc (Napa Valley)
2. Chappellet 2011 Signature Chenin Blanc (Napa Valley)
3. Ballentine 2005 Pocai Vineyard Old Vines Chenin Blanc (Napa Valley)
Mashed Potatoes & Sparkling Blanc de Blanc are especially comforting no matter the occasion. a dry Blanc de Blanc sparkling wine crafted from Chardonnay grapes should offset this delicious butter and cream we love so much! Choose your favorite Chenin Blanc or pick from our recommended list below!
1. Mumm Napa Valley Blanc de Blanc
2. Schramsberg Blanc de Blanc 2011
3. Piper Sonoma Blan de Blanc
Sweet Potatoes and California Chardonnay are the perfect duo because California Chardonnay’s rich and powerful taste will play nice alongside a bite of sweet potatoes topped with ample butter! Choose your favorite California Chardonnay or pick from our recommended list below!
1. 2011 Beringer Private Reserve Chardonnay, Napa Valley
2. 2010 Cakebread Cellars Reserve Chardonnay, Carneros/Napa
3. 2010 Chateau St. Jean Robert Young Vineyard Chardonnay, Alexander Valley
Tell us which one is your favorite in the comments below!